How to Get a Mortgage
Are you tired of renting and are ready to buy? Want to become a first time home buyer? Great!
Buying your first home is a big financial decision and can be an overwhelming process, but with the right mortgage broker it can be easier for you!
“Even though we’re seniors, the mortgage process is new to us. We were unfamiliar with how this all works and we felt very reassured and confident that everything would be handled professionally with care. We trusted Jacquie to do the job and she did. We felt that we had a great business partnership and a new friend at the same time”.
Enjoying our adult living.
~ My Ottawa Mortgage First Time Home Owner
Mortgages Made Easy for First Time Home Buyers
If you need some help with getting a mortgage, then you’re in the right place. There are a number of steps that you can expect:
- First, you will want to start the process by getting approved for your home financing. Once that is out of the way you can start the exciting search for your new home
- After you find that home you’ve been searching for, it’s time to make your offer. Basically, an offer is a specifically worded document that lays out the terms and conditions between the buyer and the seller. Once the offer is made and accepted, and conditions of the offer are met, it becomes a legally binding contract. This means that the buyer and seller are obligated under law to meet their ends of the agreement and complete the transaction. This is why it is important to fully understand your offer before you sign it.
- After your offer has been accepted it is time to customize your mortgage and get it approved. A mortgage is a loan to purchase a property. A mortgage loan uses the property as collateral to guarantee repayment of the loan. The borrower gives the lender a lien against the property, and the lender can foreclose on the property if the borrower does not repay the loan per the agreed terms.
- Before you can move in your new home, you will have to meet with your lawyer.
- Finally, the last step is the best one! You can move into your new home
You won’t be taking the steps listed above alone. You will have a whole mortgage team working with you. These are some people you can expect on your team:
• Mortgage Agent
• Real Estate Agent
• Home Inspector / Appraiser
• Insurance Agent
Whether you are self-employed, looking to refinance your mortgage or just need some help, I am here to help you every step of the way.